Residential Permits

Permit displayed in a car window

Coming soon: On line permit requests

In the next couple of months we will be launching a new on line system which will allow Wakefield residents to request both residential and commercial vehicle permits via our website. Further updates to follow in the next few weeks.


Wakefield’s Household Waste Recycling Centres are for residents to recycle and dispose of their household waste only. There is no provision for commercial or trade waste disposal at these sites.

Residents are given a permit which must be shown when visiting any of the Household Waste Recycling Centres. 

Current Wakefield Council Residential Permits are still valid at Household Waste Recycling Centres.

If you don’t have a permit, you will need to provide proof of residency of the district (e.g. recent utility or Council tax bill) before being allowed to use the site, then you will need to make arrangements to obtain a residential permit.

How to obtain a permit or replacement permit

Tel: Contact Centre on 0345 8 506 506 (24 hours 7 days a week)

Mini Com: Type talk calls welcome


Please note that the brick and rubble disposal level is restricted to 6 x 25kg per month at HWRC sites

If you have large quantities of DIY waste to dipose of you may want to hire a skip

Click here for more information about Commercial Vehicle Permits 



Useful information

Household waste and recycling collections

Shanks may place cookies on your computer to help us make your use of this website better for you. To find out more about our use of cookies, see our privacy policy 

By continuing to use this website you accept that cookies may be placed on your computer.

Call us on 0345 8 506 506 or

Click on this form 

Page last updated: 24/02/2017 09:38:36